Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Money Dance: A Touch of Pinoy Wedding Tradition

Last December we attended the wedding of my cousin. The wedding ceremony was held solemnly.

The reception was conducted at a restaurant over-viewing the wonderful
House of Dakay. As the ceremony at the reception goes by I had come to notice one of the Filipino tradition that they still use which is the money dance. During a "Money Dance", male guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the bride, and female guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the groom. The money is to be used for the bride and groom's honeymoon or to give them a little extra cash with which to set up housekeeping.

It was surprising for me to witness a wedding having that certain tradition and funny as it may seem it was also my first time to witness a money dance on my cousins wedding.



By the way girls you also have to be fit on your special day so it would be easier for you to dance with your gown on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am from a Japanese TV production called Collaboration, based in New York. We would like to use your photo in one of our programs. I would appreciate if you could get back to me at chihiro@collab-america.com Thanks! Chihiro Sekiguchi
    Collaboration America, Inc.
    373 Park Ave S, 6F
    New York, NY 10016-8805
    Tel: 212-601-9357

    ReplyDelete